The Co-Curricular Offer
The Co-Curricular Offer provision provides space within the students’ timetables to explore wider interests and benefits their wellbeing.
The Co-Curricular Offer could include such areas as:
- Outdoor Fitness – Students can use the outdoor fitness suite during allocated lesson times.
- Photography Events Committee - If photography or events are a passion, this time can be used for students to speak with like-minded sixth formers and find out how they can support any events / activities taking place within the school.
- Justus journalists – This is an opportunity for students to report on all of the things that happen in the day-in- the-life of the sixth form: from our guest speakers to our football matches, from Core RE to university open days.
- Careers Support – This session is an opportunity for students to speak to the school Careers Advisor to gain guidance and next steps. Students can also use these sessions to explore Unifrog and all that it has to offer.
- Work Experience (WEX) Sessions – Students can use this session to speak to the School Careers Advisor or to go through their inbox and look out for the work experience opportunities they have been emailed.
- UCAS Sessions - Whether students are year 13 in their final UCAS stages or Year 12 wanting to get ahead, this session gives students the time to check the UCAS website. There are also a number of university prospectuses around the Sixth Form area that students can look at for course information.
- Games - During agreed lesson times the PE department allow Sixth Formers to use their facilities when no lessons are taking place.
- In Class Support – Students are able to go into lessons with younger year groups to support subject teachers