Teaching Assistant with Numeracy
Aquinas 3 - Student Support
Full time salary range: £18,657 - £19,891 pro rata
Hours: 32 hours per week x 39 weeks per year
Closing date: 15th July 2019
We are seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work with the Learning Access Director to support students with Special Educational Needs. The successful candidate will be required to work with children who have a range of difficulties that affect their learning. This may be within the class setting under the supervision of the class teacher, or in small group enhancement work, or individually.
The role is a perfect opportunity for:
- a graduate who wants to gain relevant experience prior to moving on to Teacher Training at a later date; or
- someone with a passion for Numeracy Support.
The role will allow the successful applicant to lead small groups of learners in bespoke Numeracy groups in a small class setting. All Schemes of Work are provided, as well as robust and continuous training.
Ideally, applicants will have a recognised qualification and experience of working with students who have a broad spectrum of learning difficulties at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, including those with Statements of Special Needs. [Training will be given where necessary.]
- Lead daily small group interventions in Numeracy to groups across Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Facilitate twice weekly Booster group interventions with pupils identified as needing Numeracy Support.
- Candidates should have a qualification in English and Mathematics equivalent to at least NVQ level 2.
- Knowledge of the key factors that can affect the way students learn.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to make use of ICT to support students’ learning.
- Able to confidently and competently apply knowledge and skills acquired from training into a practical classroom context.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students.
- Awareness of child protection and bullying issues.
- Aware of and willing to promote the school’s inclusion policies and practices.
- Ability to use basic technology resources.
- Be willing to work flexible hours to assist with examination periods.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.