Full time salary range Aquinas 3: £19,170.00 p.a - £20,438,00 p.a
Hours: 36 hours per week x 52 weeks per year (Flexibility required with shift patterns to meet the needs of the school; for example, lettings and school events etc)
Standby Allowance: £567.00 p.a (Standby allowance for out-of-hours call outs)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
We are seeking to recruit a Premises Assistant to join our Premises Team at Bishop Justus Church of England School.
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring that the school site and grounds are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Undertake maintenance and repair work, following direction of the Site Manager, and making sure that any repairs are properly and promptly carried out.
- Assist in such tasks as may be necessary for effective site management, including various porterage and lettings duties.
- Assist in ensuring a strict adherence to all procedures including Health and Safety requirements and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- To be a key holder for the site and be available for call out as and when circumstances require.
Our ideal candidate will;
- Have a flexible attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Friendly and outgoing personality;
- Excellent team player.;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks;
- Has experience of carrying out basic DIY tasks (Essential);
- Has multi trade experience (Desirable);
- Able to follow and give clear instructions;
- Experience of a similar background desirable but not essential.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the student’s life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.