Design Technology Technician
Grade: Aquinas 4
Full time salary range: £19,582 - £21,325 pro rata
Hours: 22 hours per week x 41 weeks per year
We are seeking to recruit a Technician to join our Design Technology team.
To support staff teaching Design Technology by preparing equipment and materials and assisting in practical lessons. Technicians play a crucial role in supporting and directly improving students’ learning experiences in Design Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
This does not constitute an exhaustive list, but gives an indication of the range and types of duties expected of the post holder.
- To support students within the Design Technology area; to enthuse and motivate students to ensure their success at learning.
- Supporting teaching staff in practical lessons by taking part in demonstrations and giving technical assistance to students.
- Helping students to get the most out of learning experiences.
- To provide technical support to staff during lesson time as required.
- Delivering, setting up, checking, and preparing equipment and teaching areas for practical classes.
- To prepare/lay out equipment, tools and materials for class use.
- To have a methodical and reliable approach to the tasks set.
- Maintaining equipment and teaching areas: to clear up, clean, store and maintain equipment, tools and materials after use. To ensure the cleanliness and safety of workshops, classrooms, store room etc.
- To check and repair tools, equipment and machines in a safe and functional condition, and in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
- To monitor and maintain consumable items and components, including stock control.
- Under the direction of the Subject Leader, to order equipment and resources and to collect deliveries for the department from the school office. To check their delivery and storage.
- Organising, storing and stocktaking equipment.
- Carrying out administrative and other functions related to the smooth running of the department.
- To assist staff in the production and updating of displays within the department.
- To become proficient in the use of the range of CAM/CAD equipment and software and provide technical support during lesson time.
- Ensuring a safe environment: to comply with the Health & Safety requirements of the school’s policy, with particular reference to the policy and practice of the department’s health & safety procedures.
- To be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.