One to One Individual Support Assistant with personal care
Aquinas 3 - Student Support
Full time salary range: £18,657 - £19,891 pro rata
Hours: 32 hours per week x 39 weeks per year
Closing date: 14th July 2019
We are seeking to recruit a One to One Individual Support Assistants to join our Inclusion Team.
Ideally, applicants will have a recognised qualification and experience of working with students who have a broad spectrum of learning difficulties at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, including those with Statements of Special Needs. [Training will be given where necessary.]
One to one support in lessons to address the pupil’s personal care needs and close supervision while moving around the corridors at busy times.
- Two to one support for toileting
- Time during the day to practise his exercise programme.
- Candidates should have a qualification in English and Mathematics equivalent to at least NVQ level 2.
- Knowledge of the key factors that can affect the way students learn.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to make use of ICT to support students’ learning.
- Able to confidently and competently apply knowledge and skills acquired from training into a practical classroom context.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students.
- Awareness of child protection and bullying issues.
- Aware of and willing to promote the school’s inclusion policies and practices.
- Ability to use basic technology resources.
- Be willing to work flexible hours to assist with examination periods.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.